Amanda is a small business owner, an award-winning community organizer, and a mom to two amazing daughters who are both attending Thames Valley schools. She and her husband, Joel, founded and run Hacker Studios, a shared space for entrepreneurs in London's downtown core.
Amanda has contributed years of service on numerous civic and non-profit projects, and in 2017, Amanda received the Government of Ontario Leading Women Building Communities Award for her work to encourage the success of women in entrepreneurship.
- Founder of the London Transit Riders Alliance / LTC Bus People, and vocal advocate for transit riders
- Provided mentorship and support to many young entrepreneurs
- Sits on City of London development charges and growth management stakeholder committees
- Member and three-term former Chair of the City of London Council's Transportation Advisory Committee
- Past Director on the Board of the Urban League of London
- Past member and Chair of Emerging Leaders London nominating and programming committees, respectively