I want to be your next MPP in London North Centre. This is a brief look at some of my recent work. Want to know more? Reach me at email@example.com.
I am a Community Leader, Small Business Owner, Economic Development Professional, Public Transit Advocate, Equity Inclusion Activist, and Columnist.
I've worked across Ontario & Canada, but my work, play, and advocacy is focused in London North Centre, where I want to represent you as your next MPP!
CURRENT LEADERSHIP ROLES
Managing Partner, Hacker Studios (5 years)
- I founded London’s successful downtown startup incubator, where we've served hundreds of businesses, free-lancers, nonprofits, and social enterprise, helping them grow and become successful.
- We've hosted political leaders, including Andrea Horwath and Thomas Mulcair, and met with decision-makers to discuss policy that impacts our community.
Community Relations & Communications Consultant (10+ years)
- I work with nonprofits, government, small business, and manufacturing firms.
- My work is focused on community-building and creating stronger relationships, better workplaces, and more thoughtful solutions.
Chair, Transportation Advisory Committee, City of London (3 years)
- We advise City Council on transportation issues. I was appointed as the Urban League of London representative, and elected chair three consecutive years by me fellow committee members.
SELECTED PAST EXPERIENCE
Columnist, Our London
- For two years, I wrote a popular bi-weekly opinion column. You can find a searchable archive of my work here at ontherecord.amandastratton.com.
- I also appeared weekly on London’s top-rated morning radio talk show program on CJBK 1290.
Program Manager, Startup Canada
- I built Canada’s leading national program for supporting Startup Communities.
- I worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs from the West Coast to the Maritimes, with government and community leaders, and with international experts in local economic development.
IN THE COMMUNITY
I'm a vocal advocate for better public transit and a multi-modal city, and am a founder of the London Transit Riders Alliance.
I received the 2017 Leading Women Building Communities Award from the Government of Ontario, presented by Peggy Sattler and Teresa Armstrong.